Sunday, April 10, 2011

Monday's Meditation - April 11, 2011 - God's Provision For Ministry

While serving as the budget chairperson for my local church, I observed that many Christians struggle with the quantity of church funds that are expended for the compensation of church workers and benevolence ministries. The care extended to the church staff members and the less fortunate can be viewed as poor stewardship by some believers.

Yet the familiar scripture , Malachi 3:10, still reads: “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house….”

I wonder how often we consider the practical intent of that statement. The food wasn’t for ministry programs. It was for people. It was for the workers of ministry and the less fortunate. This approach was designed by God and reflects His intent for the support of ministry both then and now.

This is the first in the series of podcasts regarding the theme : "What Our Giving Accomplishes".

As always, I invite you to receive Monday’s Meditation as “food for thought “ for the week, then let it become “fuel for action” for the weekend and beyond.

The full audio podcast is available on my website: morethanthegift.net and the iTunes Store. Links are provided in the "Additional Resources" section of this blog.

After listening to the podcast in the iTunes Store, I encourage you to offer a review and to send an invitation to a friend or loved one to listen also.


Use this blog for your comments, questions and testimonies regarding the episode.



Keep praying with me!

No comments: